Jamaican Jerk Chicken w/ Rice & Beans
· 3 Tbsp dark rum
· 2 Tbsp water
· ½ cup malt vinegar
· 10 green onions, chopped
· 4 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped
· 2 Tbsp dried thyme
· 2 Scotch bonnet or habanero chiles, seeded and chopped
· 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
· 4 tsp ground allspice
· 4 tsp ground ginger
· 4 tsp ground cinnamon
· 2 tsp ground nutmeg
· 2 tsp salt
· 2 tsp ground black pepper
· 2 tsp dark brown sugar
· 1 cup ketchup
· 3 Tbsp soy sauce
· 2 3-to-3½-pound chickens, halved lengthwise, rinsed, patted dry
· ½ cup fresh lime juice
1. Boil rum and 2 Tbsp water in small saucepan for 3 minutes.
2. Transfer rum mixture to blender; add vinegar and next 12 ingredients and blend until almost smooth.
3. Transfer 2 tablespoons jerk seasoning to small bowl; mix in ketchup and soy sauce. Save this sauce until you are ready to serve the chicken.
4. Arrange chicken in large roasting pan or baking dish. Pour lime juice over; turn to coat.
5. Spoon jerk seasoning over chicken and rub in. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Remove chicken from jerk seasoning marinade; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Arrange chicken, skin side up, on rimmed baking sheet. Roast until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with fork, about 50 minutes.
9. Cut each chicken half into pieces and serve with the reserved sauce.
Do you have a recipe to share?